Hello everyone. I hope your preparation must be going well. Those who are starting their preparation or wondering how to crack UPSC prelims in six months then don’t worry you are at the right place.
In this article, I have provided you the sample strategy by which you can clear the preliminary exam within this short time frame.
As you know, the UPSC prelims have a vast syllabus. so you need to be disciple enough and consistent throughout your journey.
how to crack UPSC prelims in first attempt (Some General tips)
- Before starting your preparation, you must know the three pillars of prelims i.e. concept, current affairs, and revision.
- If your concept is clear then you can always eliminate one of your options from your competitors. Also, make sure that you are reading your newspaper every day. In this way, you can ensure that you can complete 10-15 questions of your paper, and finally, the most important thing is revision. The more you revise, the more you consolidated information in your mind.
- Revise standard books for one subject, don’t refer to multiple books. Read one book again and again.
- Solve previous year’s questions paper regularly. By revising the previous year, you will be familiarized with how and which types of questions are asked every year.
- There are 9-10 subjects asked in UPSC prelims. Check out the complete booklist for UPSC Prelims.
- Read daily the newspaper and a monthly magazine for better knowledge in current affairs. If you don’t know how to read the newspaper then checkout on our website.
Strategy for UPSC prelims in six month
Below I have given a sample 6 month strategy to crack UPSC prelims.
- Stage-I ( December – February )
- In this stage, Read NCERT to make your fundamentals clear first. Make notes from NCERT. Read the newspaper, magazine for current affairs. Go through your syllabus and also try to remember so that it will help you during your preparation. Within the first one and half months, finish your NCERT and then you can finish your other reference books.
- Stage-II ( March – Prelims )
In this stage, consolidate all your notes and revise it again. Give mock tests every day to check your ability. And also, don’t ignore your CSAT paper, the difficulty of this paper is increasing day by day. So it’s better you also prepare for this paper seriously.
How to make notes for prelims
- Always try to make your notes in a consolidated manner so that it will be easy for you to understand and revise during the revision.
- Also, practice map works for Prelims. Check out how to study the Atlas map for UPSC for full details.
- Always interrelate current affairs related to your subject topic while making notes.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
(1) How can I prepare for prelims 2021?
ANS- Revision and Practice: The last one month should be entirely dedicated to revision. Practice as many mock tests as possible and revise your core concepts and prepared notes. Days for Preparation (approx.) Apart from the given study plan, aspirants can also previous years’ papers to test their preparation level.
(2) Is it possible to crack UPSC Prelims in 6 months?
ANS- Yes. Even if you start preparing now – if you adopt the right strategies, do the smart-work, learn what is needed, and don’t go behind everything under the Sun – yes, you can clear UPSC CSE Prelims with just 6 months of preparation.
(3) Is Ncert book enough for IAS prelims?
ANS- For the basic concepts and terminologies of economics, NCERT books are enough for IAS Preparation. … But these study materials are quite comprehensive in content, so, aspirants have to be selective while preparing specifically for IAS Prelims Exam.
So that’s it. Hope you have liked this article on “how to crack UPSC prelims in six months”.
If I have missed anything regarding this article tell me in the comment section below.
And don’t forget to share this article with your fellow UPSC aspirant’s friends and also on various social media
If you have any queries related to UPSC exam preparation feel free to ask me on Instagram.